Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lion's Bridge

Group: Ambre Graham & Emily Shamblin
Date: April 15, 2010
Location: Lion's Bridge - I was birding up until sunset so some of the pictures are horrible, but you can see diagnostic features in the bad pix.
Bird Species: Carolina Wren, Double-crested Cormorant, Female Ruddy Duck (you can see her tail and bill pretty well despite the blurriness), Red-tailed Hawk (I was able to see the red tail feathers; the hawk was being dive bombed by some songbirds when I spotted it), Female Belted Kingfisher (I took this picture at 8 PM and you can just make her out in the middle of the photo; you can see the blue breast brand separating her white throat from her white belly. It was her distinct rattle-like call that allowed me to find her right before the sun went down)







No comments:

Post a Comment